We're looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer to join our team!
Are you an experienced intermediate-senior Web Developer looking for the next step in your career or maybe a change of scenery? Are you interested in applying and refining your skills to a range of web and app projects to help local businesses improve their online presence and attract new customers? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Back9 Creative Studio is looking for an Intermediate-senior Web developer to join our talented team. We’re a creative agency in Invercargill that works alongside New Zealand businesses from Bluff to Auckland to help them begin or improve their digital marketing efforts. Our design-driven approach focuses on inbound digital marketing including growth-driven and eCommerce websites, apps, and SEO.
We’re looking for someone to work full-time in our Invercargill studio; though for the right person, this position could be fixed-term, part-time, or full-time.
So if you think you’re the right fit for our team, send your application and portfolio our way… What are you waiting for? ;-)
We pride ourselves on being a down-to-earth, approachable creative agency. At Back9, everyone’s input matters. If you have an idea of how we can improve our services or help our clients better, we want to hear it. We think big! We try to push boundaries, stand out and take risks, and make the C.H.O.I.C.E. to follow our core values that guide everything we do:
- Community - Connecting people with purpose
- Hunger - Going above and beyond
- Open-Minded - Pushing creative boundaries
- Inspire - Turning ideas into action
- Collaborative - Working together to win!
- Empathy - Genuine care and respect
We are a driven team and goal setting is a big part of our success. We will work with you to develop your personal growth plan and support your career goals.
We are a family business and flexibility plus work/life balance is important to us.
What you’ll need
- First and foremost, you are a team player. (You will need to work alongside the design team and existing in-house and remote developers.)
- Ability to work in our Invercargill Studio, including all relevant work permits/visa
- Familiarity with Mac OS
- 2+ years experience in developing custom websites
- Experience with (custom coding) WordPress
- Expert understanding of OOP PHP
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Code versioning tools such as git
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience in Mobile app development advantageous
Desirable skills and attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar) preferred but not essential.
- Experience with e-commerce (Woo-Commerce in particular)
- Build and maintain API's and third-party integrations
- Knowledge of Server Structure and Management/Maintenance AWS Server Experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Time management and organisational skills/able to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Confident in presenting your ideas to clients & team members
- Willingness to learn, develop and grow both personally and professionally
- Willingness to contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
Applications will close: November 12th, 2021
Ready to apply now? Fill out the form below and feel free to flick us a link to work you've done or an online portfolio.